Breast Augmentation Pricing
With Saline Implants: $5700
With Silicone Implants: $6200 – $6700
With Breast Lift (Combination Surgery): $7800 – $8900
Price includes surgeon fee, anesthesiologist fee and hospital fee.
These are fee range estimates only. Exact pricing requires a personal consultation.
The desire to improve the size or shape of your breasts is completely natural. If your breasts don’t look the way that you want them to, it can impact your self-confidence and your feelings of femininity.
Thankfully, breast augmentation — also known as augmentation mammaplasty or breast enhancement surgery — is a safe way to achieve the beautiful figure you’ve been dreaming about. It’s no surprise that hundreds of thousands of women undergo breast augmentation every year to help them look and feel their best.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Robinson feels privileged to help women achieve their aesthetic goals through breast surgery. At Indiana Plastic Surgery, we are committed to being the best place in Indiana to get breast implants. We want to make you feel safe and confident in your decision while giving you the most comfortable surgical experience possible.
To learn more about breast augmentation and to receive individualized recommendations, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Robinson at 219-513-2100. We welcome patients from Munster, Valparaiso, nearby areas of Northwest Indiana and Chicago, IL.
- Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Am I a Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
- Your Breast Augmentation Options
- Saline vs. Silicone Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Incision Location
- Breast Implant Placement Options
- Preparing for Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Augmentation Recovery and Results
- Schedule Your Munster or Valparaiso Breast Augmentation Consultation
Breast augmentation surgery is known for having a high patient satisfaction rate. That means that many women love the results of their surgery and feel happy with their decision to undergo breast enhancement.
This surgery offers numerous benefits, including:
- Improvement in breast symmetry
- Restoration of lost breast volume
- Improvement in the way that clothing and swimsuits fit your chest
- Increased breast size and projection
- A more proportionate hip-to-bust ratio
- The potential to improve cleavage by reducing the gap between breasts
- Enhanced self-image
If you are also concerned about breast sagging or downward-facing nipples, you may benefit from combining your breast augmentation procedure with a breast lift. A breast lift can remove excess skin and elevate the position of your breasts. By combining the two procedures, you can achieve a fuller, perkier breast contour.
Some women choose to undergo breast augmentation in their 20’s and 30’s to add desirable breast volume. Others opt for breast enhancement later in life, to address cosmetic changes caused by lifestyle factors and age.
If you meet several basic requirements, you are likely a great candidate for breast augmentation. Many women can benefit from this transformative procedure.
Generally speaking, you may be an ideal breast augmentation candidate if you:
- Are physically healthy
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have fully developed breasts
- Want to increase the size of your breasts
- Want to correct lost breast volume due to pregnancy or weight loss
- Want to correct asymmetry
- Want to correct elongated or tuberous breasts
The best way to find out if you are a candidate is to schedule a confidential, individualized consultation with Dr. Robinson. He will take the time to understand you and your goals. Additionally, he will thoroughly evaluate your physical characteristics and relevant medical history to ensure that you are a good candidate.
When you visit our practice, our friendly staff members can discuss our flexible financing options with you. They can also help you pick a surgical date that will work with your busy schedule.
Breast augmentation is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. There are many different customizable options involved with this surgery. Dr. Robison will help you understand all your options so you can arrive at a decision that aligns with your goals and personal preferences, as well as your body type.
The choices involved with breast augmentation include:
- Breast implant material and specifications
- Breast implant incision location
- Breast implant placement
One of the most common questions that our Indiana patients ask is, “Should I get silicone or saline breast implants?” This decision is personal, and there are some potential benefits and drawbacks associated with each option.
All implants have a silicone shell. The difference between implants is the fill material, which is typically a saline solution or a silicone gel.
You should know the following information about saline implants:
- They are FDA-approved for patients 18 and older.
- They are filled with a sterile saltwater solution.
- Some implants can be inserted empty and then filled, while others come pre-filled.
- They can rupture, but the salt water is completely safe.
- A leak would lead to implant deflation, which will affect the appearance of the breast and require revision.
As far as silicone implants go, here are a few things that you should consider:
- They are FDA-approved for patients 22 and older.
- They look and feel more like natural breast tissue because silicone is more viscous than saline.
- They are less prone to visible wrinkling and rippling, which is ideal for slender women or women with thin skin.
- They typically maintain their shape in the event of a rupture.
- You will need to schedule periodic MRI’s to ensure that your implants are intact.
- A larger incision may be required to insert them since, unlike saline implants, they always come pre-filled.
Dr. Robinson also offers the newest Natrelle “gummy bear” implants. Gummy bear implants are made of a highly cohesive silicone gel, and they are form stable. This means that if they rupture, they will hold their shape entirely, just like a gummy bear cut in half.
These days, many women tend to select silicone implants for their procedure. Dr. Robinson will help determine what is appropriate for you.
Other Important Breast Implant Options
Choosing your implant type isn’t the only important breast implant decision you will encounter. There are several additional ways that your implants can be customized to suit you and your goals.
Be prepared to discuss the following breast implant options with Dr. Robinson:
- Size: You might think that you can request to achieve a specific cup size through augmentation. However, breast implants are not actually measured by cup size. This is because cup sizes are not a standardized measurement. You’ve probably tried on your regular bra size in a new brand only to discover that the undergarment didn’t fit. So instead of being measured by cup size, breast implants are measured by ccs, or cubic centimeters.
- Profile: Breast implant profile refers to how much an implant projects forward from your chest when you are standing. Implants with the same volume in ccs can have different projections and create different results. For example, implants with a high profile have an extremely narrow base and a significant degree of projection. Implants with a low profile have a wide base and are flatter in appearance. Moderate profile implants often provide the most natural-looking results, though every patient is different.
- Shape: Breast implants are either round or shaped like a teardrop. Many women choose round implants because they have a slightly lower complication risk than teardrop shaped implants. However, teardrop implants are often ideal for women who have tuberous breasts. Both round and teardrop shaped implants can look incredibly natural.
- Texture: Implants with a smooth shell typically have a longer lifespan and a lower complication rate than textured shell implants. However, textured implants have a grippy nature, which helps keep them in the optimal position. Teardrop implants are usually textured.
Choosing the right implant is important. Your body type and personal preferences will help determine which implant is best for you. Dr. Robinson offers a wide range of options to ensure that you will be able to find the right match.
In order to insert your breast implant, Dr. Robinson will need to make an incision. You will work with him to determine the best incision location for your situation. Your implant choice and your body type will influence the position and length of this mark.
Incision location options include:
- Along the edge of the areola (peri-areolar incision)
- Along the fold under the breast (inframammary incision)
- In the armpit (transaxillary incision)
Will Breast Augmentation Leave a Scar?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure, and it will create a scar-like any other invasive surgery. However, Dr. Robinson understands that you are pursuing this surgery to improve the appearance of your breasts.
The incision options listed above help hide the surgical scar. For example, the inframammary incision scar can be hidden under the fold of your breasts. The peri-areolar incision will likely be camouflaged where the lighter skin of your breast meets the darker skin of your areola.
Dr. Robinson takes great care to minimize scarring. Additionally, you can help fade the appearance of surgical scars by following your recovery guidelines and practicing diligent scar management.
There are two different locations where a breast implant can be placed: above the chest muscle or below it. When an implant is placed in a pocket over the chest muscle and directly behind the breast tissue, it’s known as a submammary or subglandular placement. When an implant is placed under the pectoral muscle, it’s known as a submuscular placement.
Several factors can influence the placement option that is right for you, including:
- The type of implant used
- The size increase that you desire
- Your body type
Preparing for breast augmentation is simple, and it is something Dr. Robinson will discuss with you during your consultation. It is important to follow any pre-procedure directions that he gives you.
To prepare for breast augmentation, you may need to:
- Get a blood test
- Adjust your medications and stop taking certain anti-inflammatory drugs
- Stop smoking to facilitate healing
- Take time off work for recovery
- Arrange a ride to and from surgery
- Make sure that someone can stay with you the first night after your procedure
Before you leave, our staff will give you postoperative instructions and arrange a date for your follow up visit. Follow these instructions to ensure a safe healing process and an optimal outcome.
Dr. Robinson will prescribe pain medicine to alleviate any post-surgical discomfort. Take it easy until Dr. Robinson clears you for any strenuous activities. Light activity, deep breathing exercises, and short walks may be advised.
Depending on your rate of healing and Dr. Robinson’s instructions, you will likely be able to return to work within a week. You will need to wait approximately three weeks before you can perform any rigorous exercises or heavy lifting.
Post-surgical swelling can keep you from seeing your real results. As the swelling subsides, you will begin to notice the fuller, more symmetrical breasts that you desire. Your final results may not be apparent for three to six months.
Schedule your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. David Robinson today. You can reach our Munster office at 219-513-2100. At Indiana Plastic Surgery, we happily welcome patients from across Indiana and Illinois.