Tummy Tuck Pricing
Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): $6800 – $8500
Price includes surgeon fee, anesthesiologist fee and hospital fee.
These are fee range estimates only. Exact pricing requires a personal consultation.
You want your stomach to look toned and firm, but there are many factors standing in your way. Past pregnancies, significant weight loss, aging, and genetics can all work against you to negatively impact your figure. In these instances, a tummy tuck could be your best option for achieving your body goals.
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a safe body contouring procedure commonly performed to remove excess skin and fat in your midsection while potentially tightening your abdominal muscles. The result is a smoother and flatter abdominal profile.
Find out if a tummy tuck is right for you by scheduling a consultation at 219-513-2100. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Robinson will take the time to understand your unique goals and concerns. We gladly welcome patients from Munster, Valparaiso, nearby areas of Northwest Indiana and Chicago, Illinois at Indiana Plastic Surgery.
Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck does more than remove excess skin and fat. This procedure can provide a range of impressive cosmetic and medical benefits.
Through a tummy tuck procedure, Dr. Robinson can help:
- Create a smoother, firmer, more toned abdominal contour
- Improve the proportions of your midsection
- Remove and tighten sagging, loose skin
- Remove excess diet- and exercise-resistant fat
- Remove stretch marks
- Repair stretched or torn abdominal muscles
- Provide a long-lasting improvement to your figure
- Boost your confidence and self-esteem
You may find that a tummy tuck improves your quality of life. You’ll have the abdominal appearance you desire, and your clothing will likely fit you better. These things may make you may feel more motivated to commit to a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain your results.
Tummy Tuck Candidates
A tummy tuck can be an excellent option for many people. You may be an ideal tummy tuck candidate if:
- You’re in good overall health
- You have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure
- Your stomach region has excess skin or fat
- You want to tighten your stretched abdominal muscles
- You’re at or near your ideal body weight
- You don’t smoke or are willing to quit to promote healing after your surgery
A tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss, weight loss surgery, or a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to know that future pregnancies can stretch your abdominal muscles and impact the results of your tummy tuck. For that reason, you should consider postponing your procedure until you’re done having children.
During your consultation with Dr. Robinson, he will meticulously determine your candidacy for a tummy tuck. You can expect him to listen to your goals, answer your questions, and evaluate your physical characteristics in a professional and caring manner.
Your Tummy Tuck Procedure
A tummy tuck is typically performed as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. This surgery takes several hours to complete, though the exact time depends on the type of tummy tuck and the amount of correction required.
The different tummy tuck techniques include:
- Full tummy tuck: This method involves a horizontal incision between the bikini line and the belly button. A second incision around the belly button may be necessary in some cases. A full tummy tuck addresses the entire abdominal area above and below the belly button and can provide dramatic results.
- Extended tummy tuck: In some cases, an extended tummy tuck may be appropriate. This procedure is the same as a full tummy tuck, with an additional focus on the flanks and sides.
- Mini tummy tuck: With a mini tummy tuck, Dr. Robinson will only address the area below the belly button. This option creates a smaller scar than the other methods and is a good choice if you just have a small amount of excess skin and fat that you want to get rid of. A mini tummy tuck doesn’t tighten the abdominal muscles.
Tummy Tuck Recovery and Results
After your surgery, it’s normal to experience some swelling and discomfort. Dr. Robinson will prescribe medicine to help you feel comfortable. As with most cosmetic procedures, you will be able to return home on the day of your surgery.
You will likely go home with a compression garment and surgical dressings around your stomach. These items protect your incisions, minimize swelling, and support your abdomen during the healing process. Dr. Robinson will tell you when you can remove these garments.
The length of your recovery will depend on the extent of your procedure and your body’s natural rate of healing. For example, a mini tummy tuck will likely require a shorter recovery than a full tummy tuck.
You should resume light activity as soon as you can because it can improve blood flow. You can expect normal activities to feel comfortable within 10 to 20 days. Rigorous activities and intense workouts should not be performed for about six weeks, or until approved by Dr. Robinson.
Be sure to follow Dr. Robinson’s aftercare instructions diligently to promote the best possible results. Your tummy tuck results will start to be visible as the bruising and swelling fade, but it will take a few months before you can see the final outcome. You should be aware that some degree of scarring is unavoidable, though Dr. Robinson goes to great lengths to minimize scarring and place incisions in easily-hidden locations.
Schedule Your Munster or Valparaiso Tummy Tuck Consultation
Call 219-513-2100 today to schedule your tummy tuck consultation with Dr. Robinson. At Indiana Plastic Surgery, we serve nearby areas of Northwest Indiana and Chicago, IL from our Munster and Valparaiso plastic surgery offices.