Earlobe repair is a common procedure performed by facial plastic surgeons and several other physicians. The procedure is necessary because mishaps frequently occur with earrings, leading to an unsightly tear on the earlobe.
If you have experienced such a mishap, Dr. Robinson may be able to repair your earlobe quickly and easily. However, before and after earlobe repair, there are steps you should take to prevent these accidents.
How to Prevent Earlobe Tears/Earlobe Trauma
(via Dr. Joe Niamtu‘s “11 Pearls for Earlobe Repair”)
- Avoid wearing heavy earrings for long periods of time
- Remove earrings during certain situations: using the telephone, at the hair salon, at a rock concert, etc.
- Be aware that small children and babies may be attracted to earrings
- Remove your earrings before removing upper clothing, like sweaters
- Do not allow children to wear small loop or dangling earrings